August 07, 2006

First Friday

This past Friday was "First Friday" in Multnomah Village -- an evening where shops stay open later than usual and the whole community has an open-house kind of feel. I have loved Multnomah Village since we first happened upon it five months ago when we moved to Oregon, and First Fridays remind me why. I don't get the feeling that people drive from far and wide to come to First Fridays, and that's just fine -- in fact, most people I talk to hardly know where Multnomah Village is. It's a time for locals, for neighbors, to gather, to shop, to dine, to listen to music, and to enjoy this little village just a few miles from the city center.

We love Switch Shoes, the Front Porch Mercantile (where we bought a very cool antique fan!) and of course, the Lucky Lab. Peggy Sunday's, a home decor store, is heavenly, and I'd recommend Gary at Glitzie's for a hair cut and color! If only Multnomah Village had a grocery store, I may never have to leave...

If you're interested in the real scoop on Multnomah Village, check out the Multnomah Villager's blog here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home