May 25, 2006

Glitzie's and my new friend, Gary

Last Saturday, I decided to do something about my hated blonde highlights. I called Glitzie's -- a local salon about 2 blocks from our house -- and was connected with Gary the hairdresser. I don't think my life will ever be the same. Upon first meeting, he told me that he was "very good at what he did" and that I was "lucky he'd be the one working on me." He told me that with my blue eyes, the perfect color for me would be "chocolate brown."

As he sits me down in the chair and starts playing with my hair, not only did he tell me I was the spitting image of Giada DeLaurentiis (what? I wish!), but that I was "hot." He said -- and I quote -- "You're hot. [And then whispering] And I'm a homo. And if a homo says you're hot, you're hot!!"

All I could do was laugh. And I continued to laugh as he made fun of every other stylist in the modest salon (especially one who was wearing black denim jeans), their customers, the salon's decor and The DaVinci Code. I laughed as he told me about how he wanted to "nibble" at his two chihuahuas and how he had just moved up from Santa Barbara and how he practically "ruled" Glitzie's. I even laughed as he gave me a FREE haircut.

Not sure if I'll go back, but how can I argue with a stylist who thinks I look like Giada?

1 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger Nikki said...

That's true! Stacey also told me I looked like Giada! I am very flattered, but just don't see it! I do have aspirations of growing my hair out long though (we'll see), so maybe someday...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home