July 30, 2006

A Family Affair

I admit, it's been a LONG time since we posted, but we have a good reason -- my mom and sister were in town! We played Oregon tourists for a week, seeing the sights and sweating in the 100+ degree temps. It was SO good to have them here...to see where we live, to assure me that our garden isn't that bad, and to catch up on life in general.

In other news, Ben got some great news on Friday -- he's being promoted to Financial Aid Counselor!

Here's a sampling of the things we saw while my mom and Betsy were here...

We saw the Columbia River Gorge...


And Pacific City...


And Cannon Beach...


And Mount Hood...in this picture we were at Timberline Lodge, which is at 6,500 ft, funny how the mountain seems a little less majestic when you're halfway up the mountain!


We're excited for Ben's mom and dad to come out over Labor Day weekend, and for my dad to possibly come out this fall too. Anyone else? You're welcome to stay with us anytime.

1 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger The Villager said...

Belated - but welcome to Portland - and the Village. Hope you're still liking it here.

My Multnomah Village Blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home