March 28, 2006

A New Love

Dear Dunn Bros.,

I’m afraid it’s over. I would try to sugarcoat it and let you off easier, but we both knew this would happen. As much as we wanted it to work, the distance just killed us. Even a love like ours didn’t stand a chance. (True, I used to cheat on you with Caribou, but that was always about convenience and never about my love for you.)

Truth be told, I’ve met someone else. Stumptown and I have just met, but I can confidently say it’s the best coffee I’ve ever had. I’ve only been twice (once with a new friend, Lindsey, and once with an old college friend and current Portland jazz guitarist Dave Iula), but I’m already in love. Like you, Stumptown roasts their own coffee daily. But, unlike you, they French press the coffee. There’s no beating that. To top it off, it’s $1 for a bottomless cup of coffee. As you can see, I could not resist this new love.

I know this is hard, but let’s remember the good times. This is not about you. I will always love your coffee. Stumptown is just different, and right now, I need something different. As far as I’m concerned, you will always have the best cup of coffee in the Twin Cities.

Best Regards,
Ben

4 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Really? Dunn Brothers? It always tastes burnt to me. I always vibed with Caribou a bit more.

The french press thing is pretty awesome (though it would kind of suck to be a barista there, don't you think? or... are you already? :)

I just bought an espresso maker. Am happy. Another addition to the plethora of fun and exciting drinks I can produce at home. Especially when I combine the espresso maker and the bar... :)

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger kobie said...

i've been looking for another coffee shop to try!

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Ben said...

I'm not a barista there yet. I don't think I'm cool enough.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Chasing Inspriation said...

Jim, the reason Dunn Bros hasn't become your home away from home is because you are not snobby enough about your coffee. Honestly, is there nothing you have learned from me.

Ben, beware the lure of the french press. It will suck you in until it has your soul and no other coffee will satsify you ever again. On the other hand, it's damn fine coffee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home