March 04, 2006

A Lesson in Thievery.

Today was gorgeous -- absolutely perfect. It was sunny, about 60 degrees and a great day to meet another new friend, Lindsey, for coffee at Stumptown, shopping along Hawthorne, and breaking into her house. Seriously. She had accidentally locked a door she didn't have a key for, and therefore, we were locked out. Luckily, her neighbor was pretty handy with a ladder, and broke in through an open window on the top floor. Whew!

We loved SE Portland. It has such a comfortable vibe -- independent coffee shops abound, as do second-hand clothing stores, hole-in-the-wall restaurants, and houses with great front porches.


A view down Hawthorne. McMenamins' Bagdad Theatre offers $3 movies plus pizza and beer to boot -- I know Ben will want to frequent this place!

We also drove up to Mount Tabor Park -- the site of a dormant volcano. Dormant -- I think that's what they said about Mount St. Helens too, and look what happened! Volcanoes are an enigma to me; I might like to learn more about them.


A view from Mount Tabor Park. It was breathtaking. I hope I didn't freak Lindsey out with all of my "ooohs" and "ahhhhs."

Our two weeks of fun is quickly coming to a close. I start work on Monday! Portland has gone far beyond our expectations so far -- we have met so many nice people and seen more beauty in this week and a half than I have yet in my lifetime. It's hard starting over, but I am so filled with thankfulness and excitement about this move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home