February 28, 2006

Saint Cupcake Loves You.

I know we're in one of the coolest cities in the world right now, but we're getting a little bored. I mean, seriously, how much driving around and not spending money can you do? Today we gave in though to few indulgences...

1) Anthopologie. I needed something new to wear on the first day of work. Something that says "she's hip, yet professional." Maybe it was the pristine displays of garden tools and flora and fauna, or maybe it was the beautiful, soft, yet oh-so-cool song playing as I found myself the only girl in the clearance room, but I gave in and bought a skirt. And I love it.

2) Sweet Tomatoes. Ben and I used to look for an excuse to drive to the Schaumburg, Ill. Ikea when we lived in Indiana just so we could eat at Sweet Tomatoes. Turns out we won't have to drive four hours anymore...there's one right down the road from us and we went for lunch. Where else can you find fresh salads, delectable soups, luscious breads and pastas and frozen yogurt, in an all-you-can-eat setting?

3) Saint Cupcake. By far our best purchase of the day. Located in the trendy NW 23rd area of town, this store only sells cupcakes, and darn good ones. I got a toasted coconut and vanilla one, and Ben got red velvet. Only $2. If you come visit us, we will take you there just so we can get more cupcakes. :)

In other news...
- We found a Presbyterian church we're going to try this Sunday and are kind of excited about it. I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I do miss the liturgy. I miss saying the Nicene Creed and the confession.
- We are meeting new folks tomorrow, Thursday and Friday! It's scary meeting new people, but we're excited for some interaction with other people than ourselves. Kobie Moore, who we are meeting tomorrow for coffee, just moved with her husband from Minneapolis 11 days before we did.

1 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The best part is it's right around the corner from the Mission Theater (http://www.mcmenamins.com//index.php?loc=72&id=168). Cupcakes and a movie...a very worthy tradition. We like to get 'em and eat 'em on the steps while we're waiting to get in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home